Corporate photography is a demanding job. Being on set on time needs a lot of dedication and strong muscles to carry all the equipments you need on location. This is the reason why mobile studios are a trend nowadays. A mobile studio, like a mobile home, is a photo studio on wheels. Because of the several advantages of owning one, it is not surprising that several photographers choose to invest in them instead of investing in a studio building.
- Having a mobile studio means that you do not have to carry equipments along with you when going to the set by hand. This means that after a photo shoot, all you have to do is leave it in your mobile studio and not bring it down to your office or home. You can simply leave it there until the next scheduled shoot.
- You can go to locations that need your services even when they are far from your location. For instance, you have a client who lives from another town it would be more convenient for both of you if you go to the set rather than asking them to go to your studio.
- It saves you from the hassle of going back to the office in case you forgot something. Since all your equipments are aboard, you can easily go back to work allowing you to finish more and finish on time.
- Since you are on mobile, this means more potential clients because they know that you can go to them. Unlike a physical studio, your potential clients are only the people who live within the area.
- You can even incorporate makeup and costumes in your mobile studio which is an important factor in corporate photography. If the contract does not include such services, you can charge a minimum extra fee to earn extra revenue.
- Since this job is stressful, having a mobile studio allows you to rest while on the way to or from the location.
Mobile studios are wise investments in a corporate photography profession. Aside from saving you from the hassle of transporting equipments, it also allows you to work faster and generate income quicker. When the time comes that you want to settle for a physical studio, you can sell your mobile studio for a decent price. However, with the competition in photography jobs today, being on-the-go will help you stay on the lead.