Hosting an event is one way of advertising business. In order to show potential clients how successful and wonderful the event was, corporate photos are taken and posted on the bulletin board, news papers and magazines depending on the line of business. Corporate photography comes in two different kinds. They are event photography and portrait photography. Event photography is often the more popular choice because the event is the major feature and not the people with a tarpaulin behind them. If you are hired to take photos for this important event
- Make sure that you conduct a meeting with the event organizer before accepting the job. This way, you will have full details on whether your schedule fits for the occasion or not. It is also important that you arrive ahead of time before the event starts so that you can set-up what you need to set-up and capture the arrival of the guests.
- Ask about the theme of the party. Whether it is formal, cocktail or corporate, you should be dressed accordingly and blend with the rest of the guests. One of the dilemmas that photographers undergo during such occasion is guessing on what to wear and worse, coming to the event with the wrong clothes.
- Visit the venue beforehand to get an idea on what equipments to bring. The equipments you will need for corporate photography during the day will be different from what you need during the evening. The same is true whether it will be indoors or outdoors.
- Introduce yourself to the host of the event. Ask the organizer to introduce you to the big bosses so that you know who and what to concentrate on. Asking the organizer about those people during the event proper is not a good idea.
- During the party, do not drink any alcohol. This will affect the quality of photos you will be taking.
- Do not interrupt conversations just to take pictures. Wait for them to finish what they are talking about before capturing a photo.
- Do not take photos of people who are eating. This is most likely the most common mistake that photographers do during corporate events.
- Be polite. Never ask the chance to take of photo of the guests as if ordering them. Be graceful when someone asks you to take their picture.
- Have a good meal before the event. An empty stomach may lead to an empty mind. If you are offered food during the event. Do so but in a place where you do not mingle with the crowd.
Corporate photography is a serious and responsible job. Weare not simply doing it as a hobby but as a profession.