Corporate photography is an exciting business. You will get to handle various styles, depending on the projects that you have signed up to do. It is best that you learn about the differences with these types and styles beforehand. This way, you can commit to as many projects as your schedule can permit. This will ensure your business steady income to keep it going on the way to its success.
Here are some of the top styles that you may be asked to do in corporate photography.
1. Lifestyle. This is usually asked by glossy magazines that sign up photographers per project. The work requires you to capture interesting moments of people that will depict what kind of life they are leading. It is also part of the job to take pictures of their homes and favorite spots. You are expected to shoot in different settings, so you have to be equipped with cameras and lights that will suit various kinds of ambience and environment.
2. Executive formal shots. This kind of job is typically required by top companies who are planning to release their own magazines, or have the pictures printed in various media platforms. Your job is to take pictures of the individuals involved, making them look professional and very human. For this kind of job, it will be best to take various shots of each person. There are shot photographers who prefer to use film type of cameras for the task, as these give better output than the digital ones.
3. Creative. This may be used personally or for publication. The setting will depend on the clients’ requirement. They may want to use studio settings, wherein you will be required to transform the place into an environment that is needed for the kind of output that they want to achieve. They may also request you to attend their events and take shots of their guests and all the important happenings that may occur during the occasion.
4. Fashion. This one is quite lucrative, so it is best that you hone your skills and get the right connections in the fashion world. This requires you to hook people’s attention to the clothes and accessories, more than how much they would linger on the people or the models who are wearing the materials.
5. Glamour. The main difference of this kind to fashion photography is that this requires you to focus more on the models than on what they are wearing. You have to give them emphasis and try to make them shine in order to captivate their audiences.
There are many more kinds of corporate photography, which you may be interested to know more about as you last in the business. It is best that you first become a master of one before you delve into other styles, so that you won’t lose your focus as to where you want to be taken in this endeavor.