The internet plays a big role in the promotion of your business. Whether through your own website or through social media, pictures give your potential clients an idea on what they are investing in and who they are dealing with. That is why, compared to a website that is full of texts alone, those with actual pictures are more enticing and invites a greater traffic. This is what corporate photography is all about. It helps businesses promote their products and services better with the aid of photographs.
If you are running your own small online business and you cannot afford the services of a professional photographer, you can take the photos yourself and post them in your page. In order to get the quality as if they were taken by pros, here a few tips that you can use.
- Still life subjects like products are often easier to photograph because you do not have to worry about them moving. Just make sure that you position them where you have to. Often, they are placed before a predesigned tarpaulin or printed background. On the other hand, others prefer them just against a white wall.
- Do not use a camera flash. Flashes often diminish the colour of the products and cast shadows that destroy the quality of the photo. Using indirect light avoids shadows from being casted and diffuses the effect of direct flashes. Make sure that you use daylight bulbs instead of incandescent and florescent lights.
- If your hands are shaky, a tripod can make the quality of your photos better. Working with shaking hands makes your pictures appear blurry. This is not a good example of corporate photography. You do not only waste your battery but your time as well because you need to retake the pictures once again.
- A few skills in photoshop rendering is a plus. This way, you can manipulate the settings of your pictures and make them appear like they were taken by professional photographer.
- Watermarking is one of the advantages you can use when editing with Photoshop. You can either put the name of your business or your shop’s logo in the photo so that you can avoid anyone from stealing and using it especially because it would post it on the internet.
Picture perfect photos create a different impact especially if you are selling online. Corporate photography is a good way to advertise your products but it can cost you a lot. Therefore, if you have a few skills in taking pictures and in editing them, you do not have any problems in making your website more appealing and professional looking.